Bed bug outbreaks are a major problem across Arizona. Bed bugs are a tough and formidable pest to control. Although you can get rid of bed bugs, they are difficult to control for many reasons. For most problems, a professional bed bug technician who uses proper treatment techniques and products are needed to eliminate bed bugs from your home.
Allied Pest Solutions is a top-rated bed bug exterminator in the valley. People will spend hundreds of dollars on a DIY bed bug solution, only to find that they still have bed bugs. Many people also unknowingly reintroduce bed bugs into their home once they have had a professional eliminate them. Understanding the basics about bed bugs will help you from bringing them back into your home.
The first question we are usually asked is, “How did we get bed bugs?” Bed bugs are often called the “hitchhikers” of the pest world. They come into your home on clothing, luggage, old furniture and other items. Bed bugs are so tiny and reproduce very quickly (a female can lay 5-7 eggs per day). Bed bugs will hide in many different areas and they often go unnoticed until they have already established a large population.
Prevent bringing bed bug into your home
- Always check used beds, couches and other furniture for signs of bed bugs before bringing them into your house.
- Wash secondhand clothing or bedding before bringing them into your house.
- Reduce the clutter in your home to minimize the hiding places for bed bugs.
Tips to not get bed bugs while traveling:
- Always check the hotel mattress and headboard before sleeping in the room.
- Use the luggage racks for suitcases rather than setting them on the floor.
- When you return home, put all clothing directly into a washing machine and wash all clothing immediately.
- Leave luggage outside in garage after arriving home.